Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ok

speakers - probably best to use the ones which are easiest to drive considering we will be using a valve amp some of the time. which will be easiest to driver: PMC OB1s, ART Stilleto Monitors, or ART Expression monitors? opinions welcome, we canthan then pick the most suitable.

amp - paul can you please leave the jeff rowland at home and we'll listen to boxer's krell. hope that's alright with everyone.

cdps - i'm quite keen to hear both the bow and nick's mystery one so hopefully we can fit both in, even if we only get half an hour with one of them.

ditton - be aware that we may not get round to listening to the picnic kit, so no worries if you don't bring it.

G

Anthony that sounds like a better idea, I'll leave my amp at home, I'll bring the stilettos as they are tiny, and I think they may go well with the prima luna, but if they don't get played then so be it. Not trying to be a gloom monger or anything, sometimes it's best to have one constant, ie your cdp.

see you there

ps dittons can be setup in kitchen?

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

Anthony that sounds like a better idea, I'll leave my amp at home, I'll bring the stilettos as they are tiny, and I think they may go well with the prima luna, but if they don't get played then so be it. Not trying to be a gloom monger or anything, sometimes it's best to have one constant, ie your cdp.see you there

ps dittons can be setup in kitchen?
ok, seems sensible re. speakers.

crusty - you are welcome to still bring the OB1sbut it's probably unlikely we will have time to listen to them. will leave it up to you, just don't want you to make all the effort to pack and lug them for no benefit (much as i would love to hear them - another time:))

ditton, ignore my previous post and do bring along the picnic kit so we can convert it intoa kitchen kit as suggested by ak.

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
Anthony wrote:

crusty - you are welcome to still bring the OB1sbut it's probably unlikely we will have time to listen to them. will leave it up to you, just don't want you to make all the effort to pack and lug them for no benefit (much as i would love to hear them - another time:))

ditton, ignore my previous post and do bring along the picnic kit so we can convert it intoa kitchen kit as suggested by ak.
I still plan on bringing the OB1s, Nick has a van so transport is easy. I think it would be good to compare a tiny floorstander like the stilettos with a mid sized floorstander like yours and the larger OB1s. If you really don't want me to bring them then I could bring my pre and power instead.

G

Crustyloafer wrote:

Anthony wrote:

I still plan on bringing the OB1s, Nick has a van so transport is easy. I think it would be good to compare a tiny floorstander like the stilettos with a mid sized floorstander like yours and the larger OB1s. If you really don't want me to bring them then I could bring my pre and power instead.
good diea chris, although stiletto is new stand mount monitor.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Anthony , remember to tell the neighbors we're coming , it will get a bit loud.
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif

chezi.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
chris - cool, bring them along. we will need to be strict with time methinks:)

chezi - re. neighbours, we are end of terrace, with only an office next door closed on weekends. we are top floor so only one flat below, and that is a holiday let so often empty and if not empty they are temporary guests, so no problems there either. should be able to crank it up if we want (although i find myself avoiding it withthe valve amp - fear of driving the bottles too hard:?)

G

secinded, thanks anthony for the superb hospitality, sorry i got there late and didn't stay for long, but enjoyed it, and nice meeting yourself, Steve and Dave, the others I had met before, so nice to catch up.

U

Umberto

Cheers Anthony. Had a good day and was nice to meet all the chaps new and old.Some interesting dems. I'm sure there will ba a lot to talk about from it.

Sastusbulbas

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thankyou Anthony for making space for us all, and the buffet , I quite enjoyed meeting everyone, had a good time.

Now I just have to try and remembers whos who again ?

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Apologies for the no show , rescheduled train timetable due to essential line maintenance forced late minute decision to cancel.

Avoid the railway on the Edinburgh / Fife lines as the line is closed into Edinburgh after Dalmeny and buses are being run from here to South Gyle , Haymarket and Waverley , for the next few weekends.
sad.png

chezi.

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
To all those that attended the event today, can you check your bags and boxes etc for a CD I am missing. Anthony has checked and it is not at his home so maybe one of you took it away by accident. The album is as follows:

Artist: Herbert

Album Scale:

Possibly the CD looks similar to this.

herbert.jpg

P

purplepleaser

Crustyloafer wrote:

To all those that attended the event today, can you check your bags and boxes etc for a CD I am missing. Anthony has checked and it is not at his home so maybe one of you took it away by accident. The album is as follows:Artist: Herbert

Album Scale:

herbert.jpg
Hope you find your copy.I bought this on vinyl.Quality album

Lee

U

Umberto

Crustyloafer wrote:

To all those that attended the event today, can you check your bags and boxes etc for a CD I am missing. Anthony has checked and it is not at his home so maybe one of you took it away by accident. The album is as follows:Artist: Herbert

Album Scale:

herbert.jpg
I only took home the CD Anthony burned for me. Sorry mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online