Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Surely the England team have got to produce today and Wednesday if not
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif

G

He did nothing at Middlesborough and he'll do nothing for England . Ericcson at least got us to tornaments so we could lose.

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would anybody be suprised if England turn in a dire performance today? I doubt it.

I predict England to start brightly, then fade away and play increasingly disjointed football. I predict that Johnson and Rooney will not gel.

I think England may scrape a 1-0 victory but won't be suprised if they loose.

Eds1000

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 22, 2006
The Strat wrote:

Surely the England team have got to produce today and Wednesday if not
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif
idunno --but someone in the pub last night said its a shame about the cricket strangling & there should be a lot more in football.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Duvet wrote:

He did nothing at Middlesborough and he'll do nothing for England . Ericcson at least got us to tornaments so we could lose.
We did win the Carling Cup, not a big deal I know but when it's the 1st thing you've ever won you do remember. He also managed to establish us as a Premier (lower end most of time) League side after years of yo-yoing.

Despite that we were glad to see the back off him.

Cheers BB

G

Well i'm pleased for the boro fans that you won something but think of all the money Gibson has spent .I know Robson spent alot of it as well but its little return. Maclaren has to hold his hand up to that one. I think he's a capable number 2 and thats it.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Steve M just looks wrong. I knew it from the first time i saw his photo. He looks like a loser.

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
if we don't beat Andorra he's got to go at once. But then we're back to square one: who takes over? Allardyce, Pearce etc, all may well be just as bad, not having enough tactical nous at the top level. And one of the FA committee (Dein) would probably never allow permission to speak to the one potential manager who could do the job.

Eds1000

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 22, 2006
Same mistakes as sven & then some.

I think the whole problem stems from the top down.

The fa has created a lasting culture of semi-skilled nonfootballing overseers at the top whom any experienced pro potential managers ect have to engratiate themselves to,

this causes the problem of taking on yes men only.--the trickle down of this is to make terry england capt-when gerrard was the obvious choice & plays in the right position to be an all round influence on the team.

The fa is so frightened of looking like prats that they are like a rabbit frozen in the headlights not knowing what to do--common sense has gone out of the game at the highest level.

List of huge bumblings include--

announcing svens sacking.before world cup is over

searching for replacement before world cup

half information about canditdates to media(a guessing game)

saying english then approaching brazillian at lead up to world cup

then sayin english again

then taking last choice(svens understudy)

then tryin to fool us by saying he was always first choice

Not appointing mcclaren as just caretaker manager giving plenty of time to sort out whos the correct guy

letting venables in again(him & mcclaren never seem to discuss anything during any match--this is a grim scenerio that looks like doom & gloom)

Now mcclarens

taking the job in the first place

using fa appointed media advisors

not appearing to have a working relationship with venables at all

ostracising beckham

using svens team

not motivating svens team

allowing terry to be capt(this was obviously a fa suggestion to have another yes man in)in terrys case this is by default via lack of interlect.

not playin the obvious combination on the field in the correct positions time after time.

if you take all of these mistakes & start at the beginning --sven would have been gone long ago,a better choice would have been the manager way before the world cup,

wether we did well in the world or not we would now be reaping the benifitts of a cohesive national squad that could perform--oh yes gerrard would be a great replacement capt for becks,

we would have the breathing space to experiment more with younger players as subs --rather than the crisis subs we always seem to have.

eds.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Saw the "highlights" earlier.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
Glad i didn;t go into Brighton with the lads to watch it. Would have been fun having a beer with the boys, but the footy would have pissed me off.

White Pheasant

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Norfolk fields
AKA
Michael
Israel's tactics of getting everyone behind the ball made it quite a dull game. Having said that, they achieved their primary objective - to stop England scoring - so they deserve some credit for that. They did actuallydefend very well indeed -I don't think any team would have found it an easy place to go and win at last night.

England will now surelybeat Andorra on Wednesday and the group will look wide open at that stage. We will certainly need to improve however in order to qualify. McClaren'sfuture rests on reaching the finals.
biggrin.png

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A very predictable display. Sadly, there is no English version of a Ferguson or a Wenger or a Lippi.

I predict England to have a new foreign manager by the end of this year.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Neither the Manager nor the players are good enough, players that look good in the Premier league just look very average when they put the England shirt on.

I think McClaren got the tactics about right but obviously couldn't motivate them to getany kind ofperformance.

Who would you replace McLaren with though?

Cheers BB

Eds1000

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 22, 2006
[align=left]who would be motivated by McClaren-he's svens understudy--sven lacked tactical balls & under mcclaren its more of the same,

who in theit right mind would put lennon/gerrard/johnson/rooney playing out of position- when all that had to be done was put lampard on the bench,

the midfield & wings are the key, if we cant even look dangerous how the hell are we supposed to BE dangerous.

For me gerrard is the key grafter to it all as he can control the most influential position,whereas lampard is good at one thing & that is being selfish with loose balls & rebounds,this has been no secret since well before the world cup.

[/align]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.