Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If some one has a link that clearly explain the différances between

Pulse + May KTE...........6349€
Pulse + May L2.............5319€

cant really find out what you get for 1K
This might help: https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

The difference is supposed to be quite small......but it depends if you are the sort of person who would regret not getting the top spec. IMV The Level 2 could be a decent compromise.

JustinTime

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jan 18, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Radio Paradise Mellow Mix is on my system almost more than anything else. I find it warm, bassy, rich, round and wonderful.
I really enjoy RP but I do find the sound a little “plummy” = there is a sort of richness added to everything, whether it needs it or not. Like a sort of tone control then.
I think Qobuz is closer to the original recording. That doesn’t of course make it better!

Reactions: Roby79

Roby79

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
Zaventem
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
This might help: https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

The difference is supposed to be quite small......but it depends if you are the sort of person who would regret not getting the top spec. IMV The Level 2 could be a decent compromise.
ok same link :)

Well am I ... well I think maybe a little
Let me give you an other example

I'm a network engineer, I get a new laptop I try to get the best I can. Of cours I want it to be smooth an fast. But it's not the reason I would buy a top range laptop the lower model would perfectly do the job
But buying the top I'm settled for a few more years an don't need to buy a new one after let's say 4years an reconfigure

So yes it's more peace of mind than something else

I had a nice chat on the phone with the shop owner of Magna Hifi he said the differences ar almost not noticeable.
I think I take a trip there end of the mond but it's to compare the Spring KTE to The May L2

Almost 2k difference it have to be good to spend that kind of money

Reactions: whitehart

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know - I linked to it above.

IMO. I think you should consider the following:

1. You need to set an absolute maximum budget and not go past it. The idea is not to spend anywhere near it.

2. You need to benchmark a DAC as a reference.....probably the Moon as you own it (otherwise I would say the Spring KTE)

3. You need to decide the extra performance you get between Spring KTE; May L2 and May KTE. Some say the jump from Spring KTE to May KTE is quite small; others say it is fairly significant.....so I suppose it depends on what you value soundwise.

4. Try the Aqua DAC

5. If your choice of Pulse + DAC gets quite close to the Linn Selekt, then a comparison could be a good idea.

6. As it now stands, what order would you put the DACs that you have now heard - taking everything into consideration, including performance and price. Make your favourite DAC 100% and then rate the others against that and as an example:

Spring KTE.......100%
Primaluna.........85%
Moon..................75%
D2........................65% (as it's so expensive and a bit analytical)

Last edited:

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If interested in the Linn Selekt, this is what I would want to try and find out, given the price difference of various options:

1. Aside from aesthetics, what performance advantage does the £5050 extra for the "Edition Hub" model bring - due to better isolation of components?

2. What improvement in SQ do you get by spending the extra £2250 for the "Dual Mono Organik" DAC over the "Stereo Organik" version?

3. What is the difference in SQ between "Classic Hub" + Dual Mono vs "Edition Hub" + Stereo Organik

4. Will the "Edition Hub" hold its value better second hand, given it's much more desirable, due to its aesthetics/build quality.....This will be harder to quantify.
I know how you operate - and you will be immediately drawn to the much higher quality case of the "Edition" version.

I suspect the above questions have been brought up and discussed in the Linn section of this Forum.

IME. When Linn bring something out and say it is an improvement - it almost always is. So as always, it's about putting a value on that improvement......and that will have to be judged against the competition ie. Pulse + Preferred DAC.

Pulse + May KTE...........£7,970
Pulse + May L2.............£7,049
Pulse + Spring KTE.....£5424

Pulse + Aqua La Scala.......................£9760

Selekt Classic + Stereo Organik....£8150
Selekt Classic + Mono Organik.....£10,400

Can you run HQ Player on the Pulse?

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Roby79 would you say that having the spikes under your speakers has made the Bass Tighter, Cleaner, Deeper and Punchier?

Has it affected the Mids and possibly Treble?

Roby79

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
Zaventem
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
If @Roby79 is considering £5k DACs then he should definitely give the T+A DAC 200 a listen:

https://www.ta-hifi.de/en/audiosystems/series-200/dac-200-d-a-converter/
I will
Say it like this if I sel the moon an manage to negotiate 10% I think that’s a correct standard
a May kte with purple fuses would cost around 3k tax including
Same idea for the pulse

So yes the D2 would have been in my budget an this would have been the top

Only I realised it was almost everything that I was looking for, at that price it shoul have been everything

I guess we came back to a little sense

I woul say I hope to find what I’m looking for around 7500€ tops dac + streamer
Don’t forget I need to ad a trip to London an the work on the Ams a second rack for the Ams
I bought a few thinks already hifi related
Coax an xlr
So I provably spend around 11 or 12 k in the end

Reactions: tuga

Roby79

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
Zaventem
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
like this review because its simple an for me compared to a lot of reviewers it doesn't (to me)
he doesn't sound like salesman

also he used cd in his analyse witch I really like actually

Would like to find the same about the spring

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
like this review because its simple an for me compared to a lot of reviewers it doesn't (to me)
he doesn't sound like salesman

also he used cd in his analyse witch I really like actually

Would like to find the same about the spring

That is a paid promotion, I would be wary of these type of reviews.

I played that Toadies song and I can hear the tamborine clearly although I have not compared it to other DACs. Im using a Bluesound Node and Jolida DAC at the moment. My Soncoz has more detail, bass and wider soundstage but that is not everything.

I may use that song if I have a Innuos Pulse demo.

Reactions: JustinTime

Roby79

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
Zaventem
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
So I took a day of next Wednesday, I'm going to compare the Spring KTE, May L2, May KTE

Just to have an idea

looking for a dealer who stock the T+A 200 as well

@CnoEvil

More less
Spring KTE.......100% (95%)
Primaluna.........85% (95%) would have stayed in the rack if i was not worried about the usb timing issue an triode lifetime (5y they say) an once it died who can replace that?) sound was slightly less coloured as the an a little bas shy maybe (but speakers waren't on the spikes yet 🤔)
Moon..................5% (85%) considering his price point
D2........................65% (75%) (as it's so expensive and a bit analytical) true but sound wize I'm tempted to say 95% the way it excel's in the other area's, but it's als a question of taste an in the long run I prefer the sound slightly more warm an human.

Reactions: Lurch and tuga

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online