Who buys this kinda thing. Example of hifi gone nuts?

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But it just a lump of wood dressed up with feet🥴

Richdirector

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 16, 2015
Glasgee Skottishland
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Like high end watches, the question is about wanting a product that does the same job but, for which, there is a pride of ownership that you are willing to pay a premium for. Scientifically, it is probably impossible for these products to make a difference but hifi is more than that, it is an emotional experience for many and we are on this earth to enjoy the life we have; I cannot tell you how you should spend your money, as long as it doesn't hurt others. 

As for the comments about only being able to hear these things in half million pound systems, I look forward to a dealer at that level offering blind testing against lawnmower wire and freebie mains cables.
And also if you buy clever RRP at dealer and it shoots up 300% like my submariner hulk. Also makes you more guarded to wear it. I have 4 models from a dealer and all are 75% up on the RRP.... Crazy world

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As pointed out, probably correctly.

Whatever your thoughts about any product, please refrain from using this forum to make accusations against any manufacturer of practices that break the law.

• Upvote
Reactions: jkbmusic and Tony_J

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A few years ago while in Paris I got to hear the Cabasse  La Sphere speakers  .. Up to that point the most expensive speakers I’d heard were around £25,000.. I would have said who in their right mind would need a pair of speakers costing the price of a decent detached house near me ..

That was  then !!!! . If I had the money I would have a pair . .. But although they had quality cabling it wasn’t over the top …The installation guys from Cabasse go to the extreme to set these up in your house to perfection . But even they don’t do 20 grand cables ….
But I thought I would never pay 25 grand for a pair of speakers let alone two hundred and fifty grand ..If you haven’t experienced something who can ever say ..

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You really should all do more research before slating products like that McIntosh stand. If you had you'd have realised that this is a powered plank of wood, with an illuminated McIntosh logo on the front. This is definitely the cheapest product of it's type that I've seen so I don't see what all the fuss is about...

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/furniture/AS901#gallery-5

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro2

Pedro2
Wammer
Sep 9, 2018
High Peak
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You really should all do more research before slating products like that McIntosh stand. If your had you'd have realised that this is a powered plank of wood, with an illuminated McIntosh logo on the front. This is definitely the cheapest product of it's type that I've seen so I don't see what all the fuss is about...

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/furniture/AS901#gallery-5
A piece of wood with a badge that lights up is'nt worth several grand when the components cost a few quid :doh:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reactions: ANADROL-50

Forum statistics

Threads