Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It will need to be toward the end of March (after my Ski holiday and the 6N.)

Any one suggest / rule out some dates? I will be happy to host.

So far IIRC,

Bracko,

Sodders

Testure

Papa Lazarou

Hawk

This may be enough for the test. Could squeeze a couple more if you are interested?

Bracko

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Cheltenham, , United
Date should be fine for me. I'll bring my player aswell. As there are 4 co-ax inputs so will we do at least 4 transports? With that in mind we'll need 4 digital ic's the same, any suggestions?

E

earl of sodbury

End of March should be fine for me.

churz, eofs

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
End of March will be fine for me too.

I can bring along my Meridian 507 as a transport if you like.

Shall i bring anything elseie speakers, DAC?

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
End of March also should be agreeable. Have 2 digital IC's unfortunately not the same (Transparent and Audioquest)

Which resort you off to James?

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Can't makit myself but the results from this will be extremely useful for me as i am debating wether to sell the humble marantz and get something more expensive for my Tri Vista DAC! Hmmm west sussex, how far from Norwich is that:run:

I might be able to makit...if so i will bring my Tri Vista

Cheers

Ultra

G

hifiwigwam wrote:

This may be enough for the test. Could squeeze a couple more if you are interested?
CJR

I know i know i'll get my coat on the way out. Jeez it was just a joke:raoflmfao:

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Testy,

Off to Morzine on Thursday for a good 8 solid days skeeeeee:Deeeng. http://www.morzine.com/

Duvet,

CJR would be welcome at mine mate, (as would AK, just not at the same time.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
biggrin.png
22.gif.36c040d5abb2096c10af791e63c73da8.gif
:fight:) It's a fekking long trek from his place though.

Do you fancy popping down again Danny, the system and room has changed a fair bit, well worth another listen. Either way, you know you are welcome any time dude.

Papa

Those speakers.. oohh those speaker yes please mate.
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif
:upgrade:

Boys,

End of March it is.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I can never hear a damn thing in DBT (I just buy kit for its looks now
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
) but would be happy to help out with experimental design and invigilating if you want.

I haveaccess topukka experimental design software so I could put something together which would satisfy the sceptical if a positive result was achieved.

E

Effem

Remember this small thing James . . . . . . .

SKIS HAVE NO FEKKIN' BRAKES!

pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif
42.gif.6d63386a5269ceda16cdf2e3fe89de81.gif

G

Not something that automatically springs to mind Frank but neverless a very good and valid point. Alot of first time skiers adopt the falling over or breaking a leg strategy to slow themselves down. Personally i don't like any form of motion which can't be easily reversed

E

Effem

A mate of mine always used to badger me every year to go skiing with him and every year without fail he returned withone or other extremity covered in plaster. I said to him one year "Why don't you just climb into the freezer for a couple of days thenjump off the firkin roofand save yourself a whole heap of money?"

The thought of hurtling downhill on two sticks of wood at 30mph+ with an ineffectivemethod of steering and the total lack of brakes is something I do not relish and if that's not bad enough, it's the numptys/trees/cows/holes that get in your way which highlights the aforesaid deficiencies and ergo 2 weeks in hospital and a collection of signatures and indelicate drawings on a plaster cast for your troubles

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Effem wrote:

A mate of mine always used to badger me every year to go skiing with him and every year without fail he returned withone or other extremity covered in plaster. I said to him one year "Why don't you just climb into the freezer for a couple of days thenjump off the firkin roofand save yourself a whole heap of money?"The thought of hurtling downhill on two sticks of wood at 30mph+ with an ineffectivemethod of steering and the total lack of brakes is something I do not relish and if that's not bad enough, it's the numptys/trees/cows/holes that get in your way which highlights the aforesaid deficiencies and ergo 2 weeks in hospital and a collection of signatures and indelicate drawings on a plaster cast for your troubles
First thing I wanted to know when learning years back, was not turning, but stopping !!!. The crucial thing is stopping at any speed:D

Lawrie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
hifiwigwam wrote:

Testy,Off to Morzine on Thursday for a good 8 solid days skeeeeee:Deeeng. http://www.morzine.com/
Hi James,

The Portes du Soleil region and Morzine, in particular is a very good ski location. From there, if you are looking for a challenge, you could check-out the nearby ski pistes in Avoriaz (with the famous black piste called - The Wall or La Chavanette). Other nearby locations are Super Chatel, Champery, Champoussin, Morgins, Les Gets etc. Usually, I just buy an overall ski pass and visit the various pistes/locations each day but usually stay in Chatel as it appears to be central to theother locations.

No doubt you will enjoy yourself and if you are a top skier,then make your way over to Avoriaz (if you haven't done so before) and attempt a run down The Wall. A word or warning though - it is not for the faint-hearted.
biggrin.png

Enjoy the skiing,

Lawrie:D

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lawrie wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:
Testy,Off to Morzine on Thursday for a good 8 solid days skeeeeee:Deeeng. http://www.morzine.com/
Hi James,

The Portes du Soleil region and Morzine, in particular is a very good ski location. From there, if you are looking for a challenge, you could check-out the nearby ski pistes in Avoriaz (with the famous black piste called - The Wall or La Chavanette). Other nearby locations are Super Chatel, Champery, Champoussin, Morgins, Les Gets etc. Usually, I just buy an overall ski pass and visit the various pistes/locations each day but usually stay in Chatel as it appears to be central to theother locations.

No doubt you will enjoy yourself and if you are a top skier,then make your way over to Avoriaz (if you haven't done so before) and attempt a run down The Wall. A word or warning though - it is not for the faint-hearted.
biggrin.png

Enjoy the skiing,

Lawrie:D
Thanks Lawrie,

I have heard all about "the wall" and were i to attempt it, you would surely never hear from me again. This will be my second Ski holiday ever. I did manage a black run at the end of my last holiday, but it was more of a tricky red in all honesty. I was in no hurry to try it again either.

Morzine is ideal for beginners too i am told, as it has very wide pistes and miles of green and blue runs. I am looking forward to it enormously.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

James.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Effem wrote:

A mate of mine always used to badger me every year to go skiing with him and every year without fail he returned withone or other extremity covered in plaster. I said to him one year "Why don't you just climb into the freezer for a couple of days thenjump off the firkin roofand save yourself a whole heap of money?"The thought of hurtling downhill on two sticks of wood at 30mph+ with an ineffectivemethod of steering and the total lack of brakes is something I do not relish and if that's not bad enough, it's the numptys/trees/cows/holes that get in your way which highlights the aforesaid deficiencies and ergo 2 weeks in hospital and a collection of signatures and indelicate drawings on a plaster cast for your troubles
Thankfully Ski's these days are much shorter and carve much harder than thge planks of old. It is therefore much easier to stop than ever before. however I will surely come a cropper at some point. My novice status coupled with over exuberence for such things makes that somewhat enevitable.

my risks will be a little reduced as I will be looking after my 4 year old in the afternoons (my knee's mean I can't ski all day anyway) so will be restricted to the nursery slopes and taboggan runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.