using a biwire cable in a singlewire configuration?

E

earl of sodbury

solidstateman wrote:

re: those storage boxes;)The tragic juxtaposition of expensive X components sharing space with $2 plastic boxes --- there's a bit ofDavid Lynch's cine pathos here.:raoflmfao:
How right you are - my landlord is an inveterate horder, but he is also an old friend with a heart condition - living there is cheap, if inconvenient as it's a 70 mile round trip to work every day - but being there has allowed me to see him through major heart surgery and a long, slow recovery, given that his family (who will inherit on his demise, before you start on that one) could not be bothered with him. However, the time has comefor me to leave - I have the contracts to sign on my new place - can't wait! Will give me and the MF a more fitting home...
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif

churz, eofs

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
earl of sodbury wrote:

How right you are - my landlord is an inveterate horder, but he is also an old friend with a heart condition - living there is cheap, if inconvenient as it's a 70 mile round trip to work every day - but being there has allowed me to see him through major heart surgery and a long, slow recovery, given that his family (who will inherit on his demise, before you start on that one) could not be bothered with him. However, the time has comefor me to leave - I have the contracts to sign on my new place - can't wait! Will give me and the MF a more fitting home...
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
churz, eofs
:cue violin solo:

So its true, MFians are big old softies at heart.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
I, too, cannot resist helping the weak and needful. (So long as my wallet's not involved:D)

Good Sod!
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

ps: I will morally support your bid for the Wolf cable:D

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
Earl - thats surprisingly like my system - ahh great minds think.....
wink.png

Just wondering, I thought the X-PSU couldn't power the X10-V3 - have I missed something here?

E

earl of sodbury

gsrai wrote:

Earl - thats surprisingly like my system - ahh great minds think.....
wink.png
Just wondering, I thought the X-PSU couldn't power the X10-V3 - have I missed something here?
Yup, you missed the little "v3" on the end of me X-PSUv3 - drives the tube buffer Luvverly!

Uncanny eh? We'll soon have identical systems!
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
That so much good taste should exist in 2 places at once!
:dude:

churz, eofs

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Theres nothing like a death in the family to bring out the vultures.

Yes, they are native to the uk.

Their latin name is :-

cantbearsedtoseetheoldmanbutwhendoigetmycheck
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif

Kudos added EoS

E

earl of sodbury

yoda900 wrote:

Theres nothing like a death in the family to bring out the vultures.Yes, they are native to the uk.

Their latin name is :-

cantbearsedtoseetheoldmanbutwhendoigetmycheck
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif

Kudos added EoS
thanks, but TBH I see both sides of the equation - I was estranged from my own father formore than decadebefore he died - no-one even told me he was in hospital, next I hear, he's dead... As for my mother, I love her, but can barely stand her company for a day - a fine paradox that means she will live longer if I see her infrequently... another section of the moral maze that I'm failing to negotiate... none of my family have any money to leave, so at least we're spared That horror - the vulture syndrome sickens me to my very core... what I have I'll earn for myself, ta...

Blood may be thicker than water, but no-one can hurt you more than your own family...

churz, eofs

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
earl of sodbury wrote:

Blood may be thicker than water, but no-one can hurt you more than your own family...

churz, eofs
Never a truer word said. What is it about family's - you can never do enough for them and whatever you do do makes you feel guilty.

You guys should trying being 1st generation asians in the UK :shock:bringing up kids - I've been disowned for the last few months for doing right by my kids!

Kiang

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2005
Leeds, , United King
I biwire my speakers - feel it is better.

Perhaps it is cause its linn ninkas (said to work better )

The theory is sound - from personal experience I have no reason not to believe in it.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Havent had time to read the whole thread, so, apologies if this has been covered earlier................my question, having just sold my VDH biwire cable, is.....does shotgun wiring bring better results than having the equivalent single wire in the system?

When i swopped to non biwire speakers ,pre the Quads, i first disgarded the "2nd"length of wire, and single wired the speakers, then, shotgunned them, and, to my ears it sounded far weightier, so would there be a noticeable "improvement"by using , lets say Odyssey 4, as opposed to Odyssey 2, shotgunned in single wire mode?

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I noticed the same effect too, Ice when I changed from biwirng to shotgunning. In the latter mode, the speakers sounded far weightier. Surprising!

btw using odyssey 4 shotgunned would be expensive.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
Most hifi stores sell it in preterminated biwire or singlewire form. The latter is usually the only option for Chordists who are singlewiring their biwire speakers.

E

earl of sodbury

gsrai wrote:

... You guys should trying being 1st generation asians in the UK :shock:bringing up kids - I've been disowned for the last few months for doing right by my kids!
It's hard for most of us to imagine - especially as you stand as a bridge between two cultures, where both sides think they know best... All I can say is, from the little I've seen, you shouldcontinue to have faith in your own judgement- those whoReally matter will be with you and will not make their love conditional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online